Wednesday 22 June 2011

First blog

Well, technically, it isn't my first blog. I've been blogging for years in one form or another, across various sites and subjects. This blog however, will be dedicated to my artwork and it's influences - which means I'll be talking a lot about whatever I'm reading at the moment.

Speaking of which, I recently read H.G. Wells' classic The War of the Worlds. I've no idea why it took me so long to get around to reading it, perhaps always having been content with the movie versions or the more accurate musical version. However, as with everything of Wells that I've read to date, the book blew me away - so epic, so visionary. And a thousand times better than any interpretation thus far!

This led to my attempt at creating some artwork, depicting one of the climactic scenes in the book. However, it looks unfortunately like it'll be one of those pieces which is left unfinished for a few months, if at all. Maybe I need a break from it, having got so far, but here is the early stages of the piece, raw and rough, and lacking most of the planned detail. But you start to get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment