Thursday 8 December 2011

A year of hope and awakening...


Well, December already. This time last year, I was working on my painting Hope, and thinking it was the best thing I'd done to date, which at the time, it was. Every new painting often feels like your best to date, and with each one, you also learn something new, whether it be a painting technique or the discovery of a Photoshop brush – something more often than not, you wish you'd used on your previous work!

Since early 2010, it's safe to say I've been "unbottling" - picking up where I'd left off in fine art over a decade earlier, with a relentless artistic outpouring which I'm now proud to call my portfolio. I've learned a lot in a short space of time, and I have produced well over 20 digital paintings; over half of which this year alone, including Awakening, which is the one piece I'm the most proud of, being my first to go on public display at the Brave New Worlds exhibition in Richmond Upon Thames in September. Awakening is now safely back with me, and I'm looking forward to finding more opportunities to showcase it, among others.

I'm also looking forward to producing more art and hopefully experimenting with some new subject matters, as well as continuing my current series of Hibernus paintings.

Onwards and upwards...




No comments:

Post a Comment