Thursday 10 April 2014

The rule of three...



Over the last 18 months or so, I’ve composed and released three albums, which I’m incredibly proud of - two of these are associated with the Initiative fro Interstellar Studies (I4IS), which I’m honoured to be a part of. 

A reflective and thought-prokoking dreamscape, forged from 80s and 90s synth sounds.

An epic journey beyond the stars and into the unknown.

An album of alternative future scenarios, inspired by classic science fiction.

In many ways, these releases feel like what I’ve been working towards since I first started to find my own sound and style back in 2006, and bring together my interest in space, science fiction, dreaming and the subconscious, although I’d like to think they can also be open to interpretation. Each of these albums have been received very positively whether it be friends, fans or reviews, etc, and as a self-taught musician, this is gratifying in itself.

1 comment:

  1. It's godo to see you are getting some good reviews for your music Alex, especially if you're self-taught. I still put Future Worlds now and again. I hope to give Traces a listen to soon. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete