Friday 20 June 2014

Lethal Seasons trailer

Nowadays, it's the norm for a book to have it's own visual trailer or teaser in the same way movies do. And why not?

So when I was designing the book cover to Alice Sabo’s Lethal Seasons, I started to imagine how I could use elements of the artwork for a simple trailer that would bring it all to life. So I gave it a go, with text and guidance from Alice – and here are the results:



I had originally set this to the somber tones of my track “Souvenir of Earth” from Future Worlds, and tried a second version with “Outsider” from Traces for a darker, more menacing atmosphere. Then it occurred to me that I ought to compose a new piece especially for the trailer – something with an ominous, threatening atmosphere, gradually building... and the Lethal Seasons theme came into being!

No comments:

Post a Comment